The Heart of Spiritual Practice
By Rohini Ralby
Walking Home with Baba is an authoritative, uncompromising, altogether real guide to spiritual practice. Rohini Ralby spent eight years as head of security, appointments secretary, and personal assistant to the great Swami Muktananda, and in their many hours alone together, this world-renowned guru taught her, one on one, the essence of spiritual practice. In Walking Home with Baba, an expert guide to spiritual practice, Rohini draws on that experience and her subsequent study and work as a spiritual director to convey, in clear and concise terms, what spiritual practice truly is: walking home, and retracing our way back to God—to Absolute Truth, Absolute Consciousness, and Absolute Bliss. Walking Home with Baba combines intimate stories about Ms. Ralby’s own experiences with Muktananda and others with chapters explaining the actual work of spiritual practice. She provides tools that she has developed for freeing ourselves from misery. One chapter is perhaps the most masterfully clear and concise companion to the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali available today. Readers will learn not only about Ms Ralby’s experience of traveling the path and being the close disciple of a great Guru; they will gain practical guidance in walking that path themselves.
• Rohini Ralby’s practice is based on years spent with Swami Muktananda, a world-renowned guru whose teachings continue to have a following decades after his death.
• Walking Home with Baba is designed to convey important spiritual principles in a way any reader can understand, and to provide practical tools for freeing ourselves from attachments that make us miserable.
• The book contains a concise and illuminating companion to the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. Ms Ralby makes the key principles of Patanjali’s yoga philosophy clear without compromising its real spiritual and philosophical content.
• Ramesh Pattni, trustee of Chinmaya Mission UK, teacher of Advaita Vedanta, and researcher of yoga psychology at Oxford University, writes that “Rohini has not only given us fascinating and wonderful insights into what constitutes a spiritual journey, but done much to help others make a successful journey Home.”
• Walking Home with Baba is available on NetGalley.com.
• Press kit will be readily available for promotional use.
• Ads will appear in yoga-related trade publications.
• Public libraries, which often have collections focusing on yoga, meditation, and spirituality, will be targeted with promotional material and ads.
• Ms. Ralby’s website, www.practiceforus.com,, contains additional resources such as blogs, videos, audio recordings of group classes, and a new, daily aphorism and practice pointer.
• Emails and other promotional material will be targeted at the many bookstores specializing in mind/body/spirit issues.
• Videos of Ms Ralby giving talks and reading from Walking Home with Baba can be found on YouTube.
• Ms. Ralby plans to write numerous op-ed pieces showing how her techniques can be effectively used to diffuse conflicts around the world.
• Ms. Ralby will write numerous op-ed pieces showing how her techniques can be successfully used by professional athletes.
• Ms. Ralby will write numerous op-ed pieces showing how her techniques can be successfully used by business people.
• Ms. Ralby will write and talk about how her techniques can be effectively used by parents with their children.
• Major Media Hook: Media from around the world will be encouraged to take a free, initial one-hour lesson via Skype so long as they write or broadcast about it, the author, and the book.
• Bancroft will arrange sample session/booksignings at bookstores throughout the Baltimore-Washington metro areas.
• Book will be advertised via Google adwords using keywords and phrases such as “happiness,” “freedom from misery,” “meditation,” and “spiritual practice.”
978-1-61088-057-2 (cloth) $19.95
978-1-61088-058-7 (paperback) $14.95
978-1-61088-059-6 (mobi) $9.99
978-1-61088-060-2 (epub) $9.99
October 15, 2012
Nonfiction / Spirituality
REL032020 RELIGION / Hinduism / Rituals & Practice
BIO026000 BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Personal Memoirs
6 X 9
Born and raised in Boston, educated in St. Louis and Oakland, CA, and now a longtime Baltimore resident, Rohini Ralby is a nondenominational spiritual director with many students and followers around the world.
PO Box 65360
Baltimore, MD 21209-9945